Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My Bed is a Boat

This is another illlustration from the book A Child's Garden of Verses by Robert Louis Stevenson. I will upload some pictures of what I've been working on soon. Grease was great on Friday night, btw! I love when the crowd knows all the words to everything.... not that they sang along... only when Vince Fontaine wanted us to. But when Sandy comes out at the end and throws her cigarette on the ground and says "Tell me about it, Stuuuud!"....... there were LOTS of female voices in the audience that said Stuuuuuuud at the same time! In case you are unaware, the long running soap opera The Guiding Light is in it's last week. I will do a tribute to it ... of sorts... before the week is over. You are most likely unaware of my involvement with it. sigh...
P.S....edited per daughter's instructions...I'M losing my mind.

4 comments:

Anna said...

OHHHHHH that's right.... the Guiding Light story. How fun! I of course has NO IDEA it was in it's last week. Why? How long has been running? The only soap opera I was into was Santa Barbara..... back in the 80''s. I used to watch it religiously - recording it on my VCR (because it aired while I was still in school) but after college I kinda got over it.... How many times can you kill off the same person? I dunno. I will look fwd to GL story :)

faithfully yours
xo,
anna

Margaret said...

love this pic, fab imagery!

Jeanie said...

Sounds like a wonderful evening! I'm glad you had a chance to see a good production with a great audience!

Debbie said...

Mom!!!! Sandy says, "Tell me about it, stud." :-)