Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Succulent Revival

Last Saturday I was able to shop for about an hour.... so my friend, Olga, and I headed to Revival! It's in Bee Cave, Texas on Hwy 71. They have some great furnishings... but what really captured my heart was their succulents! They had potted them in such fun containers... Here are some pictures of their pottings and some that I potted when I got home. The one at the top... I have had that woman's form vase* for years... it's been waiting for a maternity plant.
That's what the label on the pot said...
but the pictures online look a little different.
Does anyone know?
If you look at succulents on Etsy you'll see that the price is all about the container!There are some on Etsy right now that are in dinosauer planters that are adorable!

I need to go back and add some more plants to each pot....overcrowding seems to be required.

And I need to find some little rocks....

*Malisa commented that she has the same vase! Well.... think not.... she gave it to me in a blog contest a few years ago. Ha! I had forgotten where I got it and she thought she still had it. We are getting a little vintage ourselves! Thanks, Malisa!

9 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

ooo I adore sedums...they don't even mind being frozen in our VA winters and keep coming back year after year

your lady form is super!!!
I have a conch shell or two planted too...and a swan container...quelle surprise ;)

really fun post...Love how you get inspired and run with it
oxo

Malisa said...

I have that same naked lady vase! Imagine that!

Malisa

Linda Jo said...

I think Malisa gave me that vase! I told her to go look and see if she STILL has it. haha!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Cute plants and cute vases ~ although perhaps you need some panties for that one planter. Glad to see you are having fun this summer, has it gotten hot down there yet??? Blessings dear

Margaret said...

Love your gal vase! and had a right giggle about Malisa! my mum used to write down where she got everything from after she turned 50!! I've still got a couple of years then...

Jeanie said...

Succulents are so nice, and it always takes me longer to kill them than other flowers! Intersting containers!

~*~Patty S said...

had to come back for another look see
...these are really so fantastic!!!
oxo

kandeland said...

oh! i love succulents! I always want to plant lots of them and never do...you've inspired me to go get some! happy Sunday Linda!
xo

Anonymous said...

What an inspiring post, Linda! Love how you've filled all those little treasures we all have and not sure how to display them. Way cute and so practical too as succulents are so forgiving.

The little splurb on Malisa was PRICELESS! I can so relate to these types of "oops"....