Friday, December 11, 2009

Anthro Shopping and Old Friends

This post is really for those in the Houston area
that do not realize
Anthropologie
has opened a store in Town & Country!
Who knew?
My photos are always taken quickly because I'm afraid they are going to ask me to stop!
In case you are new to my blog, you may not understand
my obsession with paper and with birds.....
but I was really excited about the current decor...
These two pictures are of their peacock creation....
I didn't take a picture of the actual bird body on the top of the furniture....
the tail captivated me!

And...look at these ostriches...

Do you see how they copied my paper wreath?

..and here is a personal aside....

I met my dear old friend Pam for lunch yesterday...

Pam, see you even wore a hat at my wedding!!!

That's because I wore a hat...

Here we are today... or yesterday....

over 30 years later.... Pam is now a missionary in Mexico!

6 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

so special meeting up with dear friends!
now I'm curious if our Reston Anthro has similar decos, they seem to carry a theme ... my sis gave me a gift certificate to Paper Source which is right next door to Anthro...what am I waiting for ... gotta run...get dressed and shop :)
oxo

ooglebloops said...

Those are fabulous!!! Did you ever watch a program on the Sundance channel - I think it's called Man Shops Globe - or something like that - it is the buyer for these stores and his trips, all the strange and wonderful things he finds!!! Very cool!!

Unknown said...

I'm sure they saw your wreath on your blog before creating their ostrich... ;) Thanks for the illicit peak into their new store! I feel like I trespassed right along with you! ha!

Great vintage wedding photo. Priceless for embarrassing good friends!

Margaret said...

well I sincerely hope you're going to get a commission for every Anthro ostrich!!

As for the photo, you do realise us mixed media types frequently pay a small fortune for pictures like this... rofl!! the hat, I want the hat, faaaaaabulous!! M

Cindy Ericsson said...

Like the new blog banner!

Jeanie said...

We don't have anthropologie here -- every time I see this, I get a tad envious!