Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Chicken Enchiladas

This is something that I like to make and take to people that are in need of a meal brought in. My friends also like it....so I made it for dinner last night when the Dirt Divas came to my house for their annual Christmas party.
Pictures from the evening will appear in the next post...but for now, here is the recipe:
Chicken Enchiladas
1 chicken, boiled and deboned (I just buy a bunch of breasts and boil them)
Chicken broth (just need a little, save some from boiling)
1 can of cream of chicken or mushroom soup
8 oz. sour cream
4 chopped green onions (I never have these)
small can of Rotel tomatoes (chopped) (I always double this recipe, so I use a regular can)
1 lb of cheddar cheese (grated) (buy it grated)
1 pkg corn or flour tortillas (I use flour)
salt and pepper to taste (I seldom add)
Combine chicken, soup, sour cream, green onions (optional), drained Rotel tomatoes and enough broth to mix well.
Put a small scoop of mixture on each tortilla and roll up. Place seam side down in a baking dish (I usually spray dish with Pam). Pour leftover sauce over all and top with cheese.
Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Serves 6.
One thing that never appears with the recipe and I think it is a crucial part..... before you fill the tortilla, dip the tortilla in picante sauce (I use Pace, but any will work). Just submerge that thing in a bowl of it and yes, your hands will be messy....then fill the tortilla. This keeps them soft! (the tortillas, not your hands)
It's yummmmmmy! All you need with this is a salad!

No comments: