Monday, October 11, 2010

My Favorite Halloween Decor

I don't do much Halloween decorating anymore.
My kids are grown and married and living away from home.
I have no grandchildren YET.
But I always put this little witch out.
I made her in 1992 according to what I wrote on her backside.
I have made many, many Christmas angels from this pattern.
BFF Virginia and I call it the Tyler Angel
because I bought the pattern in Tyler, Texas.
I love her as a witch most of all.
She has a simple bag body filled at the bottom with kitty litter so she'll stand.
From about the waist up she's stuffed with fiberfill.
She has moss for hair and I improvised a hat out of felt.
Her little jack-o-lantern is an orange bead
that I drew a face on and glued ribbon inside for her to carry it.
She also has a black broom that I bought a BUNCH of one day!
It's a great way to use that fun fabric....
make a dress for a doll!
Do you have a favorite Halloween decoration?

8 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

I used to also decorate for Halloween and ALWAYS carved at least one pumpkin ... the last several years we go out and have dinner at the witching hours and miss all of the darling children! I've put in my years of candy giving!

Your witch is cute and aren't you glad you wrote the date you made her on her backside ... if you're like me I think I will remember and the years just whizz by!

I have my work cut out for me playing catchup!
Happy to be back ... well most of me is :)
oxo

Anonymous said...

I do not decorate much for Halloween either Linda Jo. I used to do pumpkin lights and bunches of stuff on my porch but I have downsized quite a bit over the years. I like to just decorate for fall with a little Halloween thrown in . Anyway, your witch certainly is a cutie! Such a doll. ;)

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

What a cute little Witch!

I love to decorate for Halloween...of course there have been some years that I have skipped decorating. I hope to decorate for this year and will post some pics. But right now I'm still looking for my decorations. I packed them away so good and forgot to label my plastic containers that I'm having to go through each one. Maybe I won't decorate this year.LOL

Irma :)

Suz said...

I didn't consider decorating for Halloween until last year when I did the Sweet and Sinister Swap and got some very cute decoration from my partner, Lynn Richards, at Blue Skies. I had a lot of fun making decorations and Lynn and I have become good friends (the best part). I will get her decorations out.

Margaret said...

I love your witch and all the years she clocking up! At least she'll always remember how old she is even when you can't...lol! what a great tradition! fab!

Margaret said...

I love your witch and all the years she clocking up! At least she'll always remember how old she is even when you can't...lol! what a great tradition! fab!

Jeanie said...

She's a sweetie, and it's always wonderful to have something that is special. It wouldn't be the season without it, and she's charming!

I do decorate (don't know if you've stopped by for the latest!) and each year I say I must cut back. Maybe someday!

Anonymous said...

What do you mean, "I have no grandchildren YET." What about Henry? He is going to be sad his Grandma doesn't consider him a grandchild ;) - Kacee