Friday, October 15, 2010

Do you bleach?

Yes, some of us are preparing for Christmas!
For me that involves, bleach and tea and GlittEr!!!
Today was about bleach.
I learned when I was 16 that bleach makes everything prettier!
I'm just gonna let your mind work that out....
(of course I grew up in the 60's)
Not that any tutorial is necessary here...
but see the green tree on the far left...
they come in a bag and are cheap.
Then you dunk them in a container of bleach.
The one in the middle above was not in any longer than the others,
I guess we all take bleach a little differently.
I just stood at the bathroom sink
and dunked them individually
and a few at a time
into a bathroom plastic cup of
bleach.
Soon I'll show you how I used these!
Earlier in the day, I went to an estate sale with BFF Virginia.
It was the first day of the sale,
so prices were still "up there"...
but we got a few things...
Here are my goodies...
You know, we just have to take the sewing stuff....
we all hope one day someone will take our's.
Yes, I got another bird book!!!
But it was only a dollar and I do have that exact one...
but .... well you know...
Gee, I wonder if I know any people that love Asian art?
Okay..... go bleach something and share it with us!

13 comments:

Caterina Giglio said...

still cackling over that 60's reference, you are too funny!! love your sewing bits you got! yes, I am sure that there will be sewing in the future and our vintage threads are safe!! xx's

Dogwood said...

love the bleached trees. i have never heard of doing that. i will give it a try. and wow you sure found some fun goodies when out with your BFF.

margaret said...

You mean bleach and beehive, right??!! hee hee...
Love your tiny trees, just need to find some so I can have ago at this, It would never have occured to me to bleach them but that's what I have blogging buddys for!
You got quite a stash there, love all the sparkle!

Anonymous said...

Great finds! I need to find some estate sales in my area. There is an auction house around the corner from me but that is just too time consuming for me right now. I just want to go somewhere and BUY it not bid. hee hee Thanks for the bleach tip. The trees look great. Can't wait to see what else you do with them.

Jeanie said...

Oh, my gosh! That's unbelievable -- and so easy! And I love those darned little trees! I must bleach. I must bleach now! (I just bought some, too -- a big thing, to demold the basement after water. I wonder which I'll do first....)

Unknown said...

Now bleach is something I always have plenty of! It's one of those cheap art supplies :). I will definitely bleach somethings!

natalea said...

I love the bleach idea! wouldn't of really thought of it! now I have to do it!
and I love that you bought a wasp's nest...so something I'd do! Are we a nut group of people or what?!
hope you are enjoying the season....is it hot down there still? talk soon! xo nat

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Look out! Hide the children and pets, Linda is bleaching again! Perhaps if we lived closer I could have you do my hair and save some big bucks in the process! Stinkin' cute though on those trees. Instant vintage...! Great nabs at the Estate sale too. But did you have to mention that "Christmas" word already?!!! Great post, Linda!

~*~Patty S said...

I do believe I have that same birdie book! Lucky you to have one to cut up! I photocopies pgs from mine.

Your bleached trees are DA BOMB!
Love em Ms Lidna!!!

You and Virginia get into so many fun things ... please give her a nice BIG hug from me next time you see her. I really don't KNOW her, but gosh I LIKE her!!!!

BTW...fingers in ears singing LA LA LA real loud at the mention of christmas (read in a whisper!!!)
oxo

BadPenny said...

I love how those trees turned out. Yeah , I bleached clothes too !

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Hey Gal ~
I agree about the bleach (until it gets on your new dark rinsed bluejeans :o !
Been missing you, so glad to see you are still going and growing, everything looks fab!!!
I don't know what people will think when they sift through my "stuff" ~ someone will probably take a match to it! Zap!
Happy Fall sweetie! ~ kt

Unknown said...

Try not to inhale all the fumes..lol! You got some good finds. Enjoy the Texas heat for me. It's been freezing over here.

Sandy xox

Suz said...

I grew up in the 60's and I believe in bleach. But, Linda Jo, where do I find those cheap bags of trees?
Hugs,
Suz