Tuesday, July 24, 2012

I really HAVE been doing a few things.
I'm in a Prayer Flag swap on Christian Paper Artists Yahoo Group...
 my word is Grace...
and they are due the end of July. 
 I've finished my nine flags!!!

And.... most of them were made with fabric printed the "gelatin" way.

Here is a link to Artful Affirmations that shows you some beautiful prayer flags!

And then Patty totally inspired me to make gelatin monoprints!
It is dangerously addictive... you've been warned...

Have you made prayer flags or done gelatin monoprinting?

I'll show you more soon....

7 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Oh My Gosh Linda!

I adore what you've done with the monoprinting and one of my favorite words...Grace = just beautiful

Lucky swappers to get these distinctive and gorgeous flags!

You make me want to play with gelatin again...oh wait the plates are still in the fridge waiting ;)

You must be so pleased with how these turned out
and
I really like the size of them too!
oxoxo

Jeanie said...

These are simply beautiful, Linda! I saw Patty's post earlier and I am so inspired to try it this summer. It's a great technique and your pieces are stunning!

Anonymous said...

Linda,
What a wonderful concept! I'm tucking away these inspiring ideas {Virginia's embroidery piece & prayer flags} for the future when i find my real life again! ha! xo, Sue

Unknown said...

They look great! I must check the gelatin tutorial out. I think I saw an example at Nat's blog too. Happy summer!!

Sandy xox

Unknown said...

Beautiful! I am inspired! I love your use of RED!

theresa martin said...

Lovely prayer flag. I love the pops of red - makes them strong.

Jill said...

I've read about prayer flags but have forgotten about them. I love the idea. I think they would be great strung across part of my garden!