Monday, August 8, 2011

Soaker hoses

Henry has been in a bit of trouble lately.
(granddog)
He's been barking during the day and disturbing a neighbor.
Well, the kids are home from school and he wants to play with them....
soon they will return to higher education and he will settle down.
But I sent him a card the other day.... poor baby....
Below is a simple, yet exquisite postcard that Melissa Sabin sent me as a RAK!
I see myself making some of those....

...about the soaker hoses.... don't you just love a soaker hose?

Texas is desperate for rain. I run the sprinklers.... but the big old trees need deep, deep watering.

The tall pine that has been looking like it wanted to die for years.... behind our fence on the greenbelt area....... has finally succumbed. I called TPTB about it. (the powers that be)

Pray for rain for Texas..... not only for our trees.... but for our crops and our herds...

“Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain”

13 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Love that quote Lidna
AND
I {heart} a rainy day for more than one reason!

Here's hoping you get some soon

Your Henry card is awesome!
woof woof!
oxo

Unknown said...

Your Henry card is wonderful as is that postcard you received!

I am a rain dancer myself these days. Amazing how truly refreshing a good rain is when you've had nothing but dust and dry heat! *Joy* for the soul!!!

kandeland said...

i'm doin a rain dance for yo!! xo

Patty said...

I LOVE that card for Henry...and I am praying for rain for you!

Suz said...

Oh, I love that card so much, Linda Jo! Poor Henry! I hope he doesn't get into too much trouble. The RAK you receivedis so nice. Simple is a good thing!!!
Hugs,
Suz

Lorrie said...

How fun to receive an RAK in the mail. I appreciated your email urging us all to get on board. Soon ... I'm on my last three courses - hope to finish in early fall.

I hope Texas gets rain soon. Water truly is a precious gift.

~*~Patty S said...

I was in a hurry this am...fixing to run out the door...I admire all of that stitching on your pretty RAK from your friend very much...oxo

Vickie said...

We're praying here in East Texas, too. We've got trees dying all around, people are begging for hay for their livestock and there's not much to be had. We've been watering when we can. We are on a restricted watering schedule now. I have only a few big huge trees right up around our farmhouse and I'm praying that they don't succomb to the heat and drought. I have a live oak that's at least 150 years old that I'm really praying to make it...

I love that art you did with the Lab. That's great! You are so talented!

Design by night said...

I love the grand dog card! Very cute. I hope it cheers him up and puts him on the good dog path.

Margaret said...

Lovely grand dog card altho he is holding a crown which is in my mind something to bark about!!
I hope you have rain soon, I'd send you ours if I could!

Unknown said...

"Rain, rain, go away...go on over to Linda's place!" (Hope it works ;))

Marit said...

I came here through ~*~ Patty's blog, she always send me to amazing places! Hi Linda, glad to meet you! I love your work!!! The rain was all in my corner of the world last week, but today it's moved on - let's hope it blew your way then! Love from the Netherlands!

Jeanie said...

Great dog image, would kill for a soaker hose and SO glad to be back with you.