Saturday, August 27, 2011

Blogging in the heat....



I have been a bad blogger!
One reason is I can't seem to make myself haul things outside and do photographs!
It's supposed to be 107 today!
But.... I went outside and I think I have enough for two or three posts!

I've been just making little pieces.... like postcard size.  And then I mail them off to people!
I always take a photo or scan them first though, so I can reuse them in my journal or make a little card for someone with the image.

The card just above is my mom and her little sister in the 40's!

I have a sweet friend pregnant with identical twin girls...
she lost one of them this past week....
she's in the hospital on bedrest until
they can take the other one...
sometime in October..

I'm sending her a card and attaching one of the little angels below
(the larger one)
Say a prayer for the sweet mom..
her name is Julie.

6 comments:

kandeland said...

107...yikes!
lovely cards you're making!
sorry to hear about Julie...prayers going out to her..xox

~*~Patty S said...

oh my heart goes out to Julie...praying that all goes well from here on out!

your cards are wonderful...I like it when you show us what you've been up to

be careful you don't melt!!!
we are building an ark
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

oh and your Mom and her sister look so happy and sweet in the card you created!
oxo

patty said...

Linda, I sure hope the heat subsides very soon...I don't feel like doing anything when it is so hot outside! Prayers going up for Julie~

Lorrie said...

The heat down your way is unrelenting this year. Meanwhile we've had very little summer to speak of - although the past couple of weeks have been gloriously sunny, but not too warm.

Sweet cards, Linda. Praying for Julie.

Jeanie said...

These are all wonderful! I have been thinking of doing postcard size and getting them out of town, too! These are all lovely.