Thursday, December 11, 2008

SNOW!!! SNOW!!! SNOW!!!

It snowed in Houston on Wednesday night! We were so excited!!! DH and I had to go to an "event" in Houston.... so we drove to the Galleria and it was pouring snow all the way in! On the drive home everything (except the roads) was white! The snow didn't all melt in my yard til almost noon!
Anyone know what movie this blog title is from? I just got out the camera to take pictures of my Ali Edwards' project .... the December Daily book. Nathalie and Anna are doing it, too. Only Nathalie has posted her book... so I was feeling pretty guilty since I had just insisted we all do this!
I will take better pictures before it's all finished! I really like doing a small monthly journal like this! I used red matboard for the covers.... Soooo....all it took was for me to start working on this book at 6:30 p.m. and photographing it.... to bring the FedEx truck to my door! Oh my gosh! I've been waiting for a couple of weeks for these decks of cards to arrive!
I'll be stuffing shipping boxes tonight!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It snowed in Dallas too but not at our house...I love it when it snows in Texas! Happy Holidays!

Anna said...

cool! love the snow pics :) love your dec daily too! what fun! I actually worked on mine today and I am caught up!! (wahoo)

Margaret said...

Linda, love your journal! such a cool idea to do one for a month, I saw it on Nathalie's blog, what a small world we live in!! can totally see why you two are good friends! Now about those sweets, no worries she's not sending me stuff on the sly!! I got them from a mate's hubby who'd been in the States and while I had my mouth full of them back in Oct a picture of them appeared on Nathalie's blog!! I managed to get a second helping the other day as my friend still had some left!! All that said i'd love to do a 'stuff' swap with you if you're up for it, I can think of a number of things I'd like to pop in a bag for you! You guys make me smile so much and I'd never have thought I'd come in contact with such humour and kindness thru my Blog, you make my day! Mxox

Jeanie said...

Wow -- Snow in Texas! Is something wacky going on with our climate or what? That's very cool! Merry Ho Ho!

Unknown said...

And you said it never snowed in TX! I hear New Orleans got snow too! Even a dusting is a beautiful- I take it any way it comes!

Your journal is WONDERFUL! I want your cocktail holding Santa dress model. I love how she peeks out of your wonky pages.

So exciting about the decks. This will be a great mail month for me!

Unknown said...

I had to go find what you posted on Margaret's blog (I discovered her through a post she left on your blog once). You are too funny! And speaking of mailing things... the Traveling Box is coming back to you. You'll figure out the cryptic tease when you get the package. heeheeheehee (rubbing hands with secret mongering glee)

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

Oh so happy to see your December 2008 book, too much fun with all the neat bits tucked inside ... looks great random size papers too!
Thanks again for inspiring me by your suggestion!
Love ya oxo