Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Hurricane Harvey


The photo above was taken from a neighbor's house before they evacuated. 
They were upstairs looking out a window.

Below was taken by another neighbor as they went by in a boat.
We had left the night before in our truck.


Being who you are..... I thought I'd show you a few art room losses...







I'll try and share more later....... just wanted to drop by and say I am here and we are doing fine.
It's just going to be a long process to rebuild.  But don't worry about us.  We will be back and I'll be back in my art room with A LOT less stuff..... which is probably a good thing.

The pins above were made in a QB5 art pin swap many years ago. 
They fell into the flood water and even tho they don't look too bad in this picture..... they were unsalvageable.

But I cherish the memories!
That's what's important!

4 comments:

Jeanie said...

I will never, ever say that flooding is a good thing because it is simply tragic, as well you know.

But as you pointed out, if there is ANYTHING good you can grab onto from it, it is ridding ourselves of a bit of stuff. Of course, if it's the irreplaceable -- photos or very personal things -- well, that's a different story. When i flooded more than a few years ago, it was an opportunity, albeit a messy and very sad one!

I am just grateful you could get away in the truck,be safe and that things aren't a total loss. But boy, I wish I lived close enough to help you haul and toss and paint and all those things that will help you get back to normal.

Donna said...

Hoping for an up date, my thoughts and prayers with you during the flood time. I had remembered a photo of high water you previously had posted. Praying for you and neighbor's!

Blogger said...

You should see how my friend Wesley Virgin's report begins in this shocking and controversial video.

As a matter of fact, Wesley was in the military-and soon after leaving-he revealed hidden, "mind control" tactics that the CIA and others used to get anything they want.

THESE are the exact same secrets tons of famous people (especially those who "come out of nowhere") and the greatest business people used to become rich and successful.

You probably know how you utilize only 10% of your brain.

That's really because most of your BRAINPOWER is UNCONSCIOUS.

Maybe that conversation has even taken place IN YOUR very own mind... as it did in my good friend Wesley Virgin's mind about seven years back, while riding an unregistered, beat-up garbage bucket of a car with a suspended driver's license and on his bank card.

"I'm so fed up with going through life paycheck to paycheck! When will I finally succeed?"

You've been a part of those those types of thoughts, isn't it right?

Your very own success story is going to happen. You just need to take a leap of faith in YOURSELF.

CLICK HERE TO LEARN WESLEY'S SECRETS

Susan (Angel Numbers and Symbolism) said...

I know, dreaming about a house flooding is scary, yet have a flood in a real life.