Monday, February 28, 2011

Pink Owl

He's a little pink!
I finally sat down and made him.
He's so easy.... and I plan to make more.
The only part you really should do on the machine is his body and that's really just an oval form.
The rest can be assembled in your lap while you are watching tv.
I tend... especially with the first one I make of something like this...
to just grab what's close and use it...
no planning.
(oh..... I also reduced the pattern by 50%...so he's a little owl!)

But my next one will be more planned.....

and I will show you...

OF COURSE!

P.S. For those that have asked.... he's 6" tall from the top of his ears.

11 comments:

Yvonne said...

He's so cute. I saw two quilts lately that were owls almost exactly like this one, in every block.

Lorrie said...

He's adorable. And not too pink!

Sewn With Grace said...

Hi Linda! So glad you stopped by today. I just love your owl! I'm all about the pink. It's adorable!

LittleRed said...

How very cute and pink! I love owls! I almost bought a similar one while on vacation in the US this past summer....but my husband made me feel wasteful about it so I did not......Maybe now I just need to make one....or maybe twenty:)

~*~Patty S said...

I think unplanned turned out brilliantly...wonderful pink owl...how big is little?

lap work is such a great idea...I used to never sit idle...back in the day...
oxo

Dawn said...

So adorable!
Good work!
When I took my owl to my granddaughter, my 10yo grandson said he wanted one, too.
I promised him...NO lace!
:)

Jeanie said...

Linda, he is totally adorable! Love him!

Unknown said...

I think the colors are perfect. So cute! Love his face. Can't wait to see the others. :)

Dogwood said...

Ok...I love you little owl.
I love owls in general.
We have an owl nesting in an owl house in our backyard of our house in the mountains.
Have a fun day.

kandeland said...

He came out great! very cute! xo

Becky Shander said...

Wow, I LOVE this adorable creation. It's so cute and cozy yet modern...simply wonderful!