Friday, January 28, 2011

Snippet Roll

Carole (from New Zealand) made the QB5ers a "snippet roll" for Christmas.
It's suspended from what I call a thread spool and some people in other lands call a cotton reel.
(a cotton reel sounds to this Texas girl like a cross between the Cotton-Eyed Joe and Virginia Reel.... those are dances)
...but I digress....

Isn't it pretty? It has fabric, lace, paper, etc....

all those things we love are stitched together.

I can leave it as is and suspend it somewhere... or roll it up...

but I may use it as a closure on a future Remains of the Day book!!!

What do you think?

...and my thanks to Margaret (in Switzerland) for the use of her photo (top one). I've been waiting for it.

*****Carole has a tutorial for snippet rolls on her blog right now!

15 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

you gals are showing it off so pretty!

it is fun to look at as you keep finding little surprises

oxo

bad penny said...

I love what Carole has made here - it would be nice to bind a book. Have loved seeing what you Q5 ladies have been making

Margaret said...

fab!

Debe said...

That is such a lovely idea. You have so many pretties! Are you going to do a Remains journal? I love mine!!

Dogwood said...

I love love the fabric snippet roll. I want to make one.
Currently, I am sewing paper heart garlands. Lots of fun.

carole brungar said...

Your's looks very pretty! I think you could do a reel and a fling with it! LOL (then roll it up nicely for next time, hahaha)

Ragamuffin Gal said...

This thrills me to my toe tips Linda, I would love to try and make one ~ how wonderful my dear! <3 Katie

Nathalie Thompson said...

I am dying to make mine into a cuff. it is too pretty to keep rolled up! MUST be displayed! A book closure is an excellent idea!

Jeanie said...

That's a wonderful idea! Like your photos, too. Someday maybe I'll try that one -- looks fun!

Dawn said...

Hey Linda!
I had to do one of the snippet rolls...
After one, I know I NEED to do more!
Thanks for the inspiration!
Dawn @ 4:53 am

Sue@MyArtsDesire said...

Oh I love these. And so fun to see them popping up all over blogland. I adore that idea of using it as a closure on a Remains of the Day journal. BRILLIANT.

A good giggle on your cotton reel sense of humor too. Love a sense of humor with just enough warpness woven into the fabric...and you got it going on. XO

Diane said...

I love this idea. I found it posted on Pinterest. What a fun way to use up usually tossed scraps!

:-)

Diane

Dawn said...

Perfect idea for a RoD journal closure!!!
Must do this.
Saw it on Pinterest, BTW...

Linda said...

I had to post a comment for this beauty. Thanks so much. This is succulent, indeed. Linda

twosucculentsisters.blogspot.com/

NancyL said...

Love this and plan to make some. Thanks for the inspiration.

Nancy Lannom
Buttonsandstitching.com