Wednesday, November 4, 2015

House Centerpiece



Thought I'd drop in here with a few pictures. Made a centerpiece for a fundraising event this month.
Each table will have one of these metal crowns that we've filled with different things.
I put a paper mache house in this one.  I cut a hole in the bottom of it and and in the top of the box that it sits on....... and stuck some little tiny lights inside.

 Put some Christmas stems from Hobby Lobby on the top.  They are just wrapped around the top of the crown and lightly hot glued to each other.  I also put some silver garland down in the crown base before I put the house in there.

This is the back obviously.


I glued some lace inside over the windows. Not sure you can tell.
And below I'm showing you the battery pack hidden under garland, 
where it's easy to turn the lights on and off.


I told you I wasn't going to post much anymore............ looks like that has happened....
Hope you are doing well!


5 comments:

Lorrie said...

This is so charming, Linda. I can imagine how beautiful the room will look with these crowns on the tables, softly lit up. So creative you are!

~*~Patty S said...

WOW the tables must have looked amazing.
Beautiful creations and extra charming with the twinkle of light too.
One of my treasured Christmas items is the little box you made with a house and scene on top...so precious.
oxo

Jeanie said...

This is wonderful, Linda! I can only imagine how gorgeous that room will be. I love all your special details, like the window lace and lights. I hope they auction off these beautiful pieces. If any are as lovely as yours they will make a fortune!

Jill said...

Fancy fundraising! That will be so pretty with tables filled with crowns.

Caterina Giglio said...

so pretty and the tables must be stunning..