Monday, July 7, 2014

Heads to Spare!


You know that I love a good doll head that's old and been separated from it's body.

When I was at The Vatican in May, I loved all the heads....

Wouldn't you love these two sided heads in your garden?
Or better yet........ on the mantle!!!!


They have shelves of extra heads....

Sculptures lose their fingers and arms pretty quickly
over hundreds or years....

And, of course, their heads!
Sometimes they get reattached...
In fact most of the sculptures have had their heads reattached.
I'll try to dig up some of my photos showing the broken lines!
  ...anyway, thought you'd like these heads.........

You can click on the pictures to see them bigger!

2 comments:

Lorrie said...

Fun heads. I confess to liking these a lot more than the bodiless dolls. They always seem kind of creepy to me.

~*~Patty S said...

ooo they ARE all really fabulous...
off with their heads!
oxo