Friday, June 20, 2014

What We Were Stitching on the Trip!


I wanted to take something to stitch while traveling in Europe last month.  I wanted it to be simple.
So I went to Pinterest to get some inspiration.  It never fails me!!!  I found this wonderful woman!
You may know about her already.  I do not know how I've missed her for so long.
 I couldn't tell
exactly what her base was, etc........
so I emailed her and she wrote me a very nice email explaining!

You MUST go see her work.
 Her name is Penny Berens and her blog is Tanglewood Threads.
You can scroll down her blog and see some of what she calls her "daily scratching".
This post in 2012 really shows a great deal.
....

Sooooooooo, I cut some linen and I basted some cotton fabric to the back of it.
I gathered some floss and needles and a small cutter and took them with me.

I started stitching on the flight to Rome.
Below are pictures of Margaret stitching on it for me!!!
We were on a train in the Zurich area somewhere!!!

 
I love that she stitched on it.....  
She did a row of simple flowers.... 
just the straight stitches with French Knots.


 I guess I should've ironed this before I took a picture! ha!!!
But, it's a work in progress and it's very primitive.....

I'm continuing to stitch on it...
I just stitch whatever I want...
mostly just shapes, rows of certain stitches...

Then yesterday Margaret sent me a link that made me want to turn 
it into a lampshade cover!!!

Have you seen Marna Lunt's work?
Oh my goodness!!!

4 comments:

~*~Patty S said...

Embroidered Lampshades!!! how brilliant would that be!

Such fun to see busy bee Margaret stitching away on the train...
her flowers are a precious addition to your scratchings Linda...
it is already looking fabulous...

Excited to see it grow!
oxo

~*~Patty S said...

Oh and I am trying to visualize how you tacked cotton to the back exactly...inquiring minds you know...

Lorrie said...

How fun to have a European stitchery to remember your time there.

Jeanie said...

So pretty, Linda! Smart to have a small project to work on while in transit and extra nice to have Margaret's work on it, too!