Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Monthly Challenges

BFF Virginia and I are in a monthly embroidery fragment challenge!
We are the only players in this challenge.
We just trade with each other.
Thought it was time to show you some of what we've been doing.
Above is the piece I got from Virginia in January!
Below is the fragment she gave me for February!

Next is the one I gave her for February.

This is the heart Teresa did on her recent Valentine's Ezine.

But if you didn't subscribe to that you can also see a little one here.

And below is the piece I contributed in January....
If you turn your head it says path. I think I'm more primitive than Virginia? We shall see........

12 comments:

~*~Patty Szymkowicz said...

ooo these are precious and so lovely!
a really special BFF swap of heart art stitcheries!
oxo

Lorrie said...

What a fun swap to keep your creative juice flowing - and keep you accountable! What do you plan to do with all those lovely fragments?

carole brungar said...

Linda these are looking lovely, there's an old fashioned charm about hand-stitching isn't there? :D

Anna said...

gorgeous!! what a gem Virginia is!! and what better person to trade with... she knows ur style and u know hers!!

Ragamuffin Gal said...

Linda ~ I love these!!! You and Virginia, how I wish I lived closer to you gals! Makes me want to get my floss out! XXOO

Vickie said...

How fun! And I think you're both very clever at stitching. I'm kinda partial to "primitive" myself. My farmhouse has a definitive primitive feel to it! What are ya'll gonna do with em? Frame em? Make into a little pillow? Pin cushion? Quilt?

Of course, you can steal my award free button - I got it from Vee! She said it's free to use!

Margaret said...

What a great swap buddies you are! I love all of these little stitcheries, are you going to do a bit of a Rebecca Sower sampler with them?

Unknown said...

Your heart to Virginia is STUNNING. The fabric, the button, all perfect! Gives me ideas for our next QB5 swap.

natalea said...

wonderful! please tell Virginia I said hello-ok?
xox nat

Jeanie said...

I can't believe all the creative things you do and I have NO idea how you find the time. These are precious!

Debe said...

Wow! Virginia is red hot with this embroidery stuff and you are right there too! The friendship you two have is truly special too...
Love Henry!

Joan - South Island, New Zealand. said...

This so adoreable. I love it!