Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The ABC's of Grunge by Virginia

Okay, I gotta get Virginia to show me her artwork BEFORE she puts it behind glass! Once again we figured out we had to take the framed piece into my bedroom to get it dark enough to photograph....it still isn't perfect! This is soooooooooo wonderful..... this picture does NOT do it justice.
Virginia covered another picture with a collage of music paper and ledger papers, rubber stamping, etc. Then she took her Tim Holtz Grungeboard Alphabet and applied inks. (I need to have her write this up.) You can tell by some of these closeups what she did... if you have questions, put them in Comments and I'll have her respond.

7 comments:

carole brungar said...

What a neat piece of art! Very clever idea! ;)

Anonymous said...

wonderful details, colors and textures going on = how neat!

Margaret said...

fab! all tips gratefully recieved. I've bought some of this very stuff but don't know what to do with it, what kind of ink? was it sprayed, dabbed on?
How's the Easter screen coming along??!!

Lorrie said...

Oh I love alphabets. What a fabulous idea. The background is gorgeous.

Lorrie

Unknown said...

That Virginia needs to get her own blog! If it weren't for you, Linda, dear friend that you are, she would be a hidden talent. :)

Malisa said...

Very clever, Virginia! Now, if we could just get you to blog!

I had fun today, Linda and Virginia!

Malisa

Jeanie said...

Simply stunning. Thanks for posting this -- it's inspiring!