Saturday, June 14, 2008

Flag Day

Today, June 14th, is Flag Day! Yes, I'm surprised you didn't know that. Okay... so I only remember that because it is my sister-in-law's birthday! So happy Flag Day and Happy Birthday to Lucy. (who doesn't even know I have a blog) She lives in my other life. I have been suffering from a horrible sinus infection all week. It only got worse after I went to the doctor and got a shot and a prescription. It's really hard to believe that Tim Russert died yesterday, too. I realllllly liked him. Being ill and watching A LOT of television I have learned so much about him in the last 24 hours. Apparently everyone that knew him adored him also..... so let this be a wake-up call - let's take care of ourselves and eat better and lose some weight and try to care about each other every day. ....and wave your flags!

3 comments:

Christine said...

Linda,
I have missed so much on your blog!
Yes, I remembered Flag Day. And I love headstones too. I go to cemeteries and take pics of the headstones of my ancestors. One of my cousins is even trying to start a restoration project for the Civil War era ones.

And I love grits. We are heading south tonight, and I will have me some grits. With butter, and salt, and pepper...and maybe a greasy fried egg on it.

Then I will get back to trying to eat healthy when I get home.

I loved all the pics of your trip.
Thank you so much for sharing them with us.

Hugs!
Christine

Irma's Rose Cottage said...

Loved reading about your trip. Sounds like you had a great time. Hope you get to feeling better.

Was reading your post as I was spooning chocolate frosting into my mouth and got to the part about eating better, so I only had one spoonful, ok, a large spoonful, it won't happen again.

Have a great week.

Irma :)

Jeanie said...

I had a very hard time with the Tim Russert thing, having read his books and watched him often on NBC. I really admired him. Did you see that amazing rainbow they showed that came out right after the memorial service. A double one. And they'd sung "Over the Rainbow." Chills.